- Prep Time
- 8 oz whole-grain spaghetti (TRY: Jovial 100% Organic Whole Wheat Einkorn Spaghetti)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup whipping cream (35%)
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 leek, white and light green parts only, halved lengthwise then thinly sliced
- ½ tsp sea salt, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 12 large sea scallops (about 14 oz)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
1. In a large pot, cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, lightly beat eggs with a fork. Add cream and cheese and stir to combine.
3. In a large skillet on medium- high, heat one-half of oil. Add leeks and one-half of salt; cook, stirring frequently, until very soft, 10 to 12 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, 1 minute. Transfer leek mixture to a plate and keep warm.
4. Sprinkle scallops with remaining one-half of salt and pepper. Return to stove on medium-high and heat remaining one-half of oil. Add scallops and cook, turning once, until browned, 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
5. Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup pasta water, and return to pot. Toss leeks, peas and lemon zest with pasta. Slowly add cream mixture, tossing to combine. Add reserved water, 1 tbsp at a time, until sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Serving Size: ¼ of recipe
- Calories: 518
- Carbohydrate Content: 49 g
- Cholesterol Content: 159 mg
- Fat Content: 22 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 30 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10 g
- Sodium Content: 655 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g