Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a large skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Add onion and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is softened. Add eggplant and cook, stirring frequently, until eggplant is browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, garam masala and curry powder and cook, stirring frequently until fragrant, about 45 seconds. Add tomatoes and cook until they begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Add 1/4 cup water, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring frequently, until water is almost completely absorbed, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Lay roti on a cutting board and place half of each eggplant mixture and cilantro onto center of each. Fold in 2 sides then roll up. Slice in half, if desired.
- Serving Size 1 roti
- Calories 216
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 198 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g