Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Store-bought pound cake layered with summer berries and whipped cream make for a beautiful, celebratory dessert that you can pull off in record time.
Seasonal berries are more than just sweet toppings: Strawberries are a good source of folate, a B vitamin important for tissue growth and cell function, while blueberries are often considered a superfood for being replete with antioxidants.
1. In a small bowl, mash raspberries and orange liqueur with a fork. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, whip cream and cane juice until stiff peaks form. Gently fold yogurt into whipped cream. Set aside.
2. Place one layer of cake in the bottom of a 2-quart trifle dish or glass bowl. (NOTE: You will need multiple cake slices to create a layer; break up pieces as needed to fit.) Spoon one-half of raspberry mixture over cake, making sure to spoon around edges closest to the bowl. Sprinkle with one-half of blueberries. Spoon one-half of whipped cream over blueberries.
3. Place remaining cake in bowl over whipped cream mixture. Top with remaining raspberry mixture, one- half of strawberries and remaining one-half of whipped cream.
4. Arrange remaining blueberries in upper-left corner of trifle. Arrange remaining strawberries into horizontal lines to create stripes. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 5 hours.
- Serving Size 1/12 of recipe
- Calories 278
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 59 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 11 g
- Sodium Content 75 mg
- Sugar Content 17 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g