Check out our recipe for this Bitter Greens Salad!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 10 cups greens (such as spinach, watercress, bok choy), torn or thinly sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup grape seed oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 red chile pepper, minced
- 1 clove garlic, puréed
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together greens and set aside.
- To a Mason jar, add remaining ingredients and shake until emulsified.
- Just before serving, add dressing to greens and toss. To store for later use, keep greens with a damp paper towel in a zip-top bag and store dressing in Mason jar with lid. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serving Size: 2 cups greens with dressing
- Calories: 138
- Carbohydrate Content: 8 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 120 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 8 g