Find more vegetarian recipes here!
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- In a large stockpot, heat oil on medium. Add onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, until translucent. Add carrots and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, tomato, barley, cumin, turmeric, salt and pepper; stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add 4 cups water, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add kale and simmer until kale turns bright green, about 5 minutes.
- Serving Size 1 cup
- Calories 110
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 2.5 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 85 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g