Find more soup recipes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 tbsp avocado or peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced + additional for garnish
- 7 oz shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil (TRY: Organic Eden Sesame Oil)
- 1 tsp raw honey, or to taste
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce, or to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Ib medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (NOTE: Medium shrimp are ideal, but if you can only find large shrimp, they can be halved.)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- In a medium pot on medium, heat avocado oil. Add garlic, ginger and onions and sauté until fragrant, 1 minute. Add mushrooms; sauté until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add broth, cabbage, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, honey, sriracha and pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Add shrimp and simmer until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk soup and pour in eggs, whisking constantly. Divide soup among bowls and garnish with additional onions.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of soup
- Calories: 216
- Carbohydrate Content: 11 g
- Cholesterol Content: 168 mg
- Fat Content: 11.5 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 652 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g