Let turnovers cool, wrap in aluminum foil or freezer-safe plastic wrap and freeze for 1 to 2 months. To enjoy, defrost overnight in refrigerator. Reheat in microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes or in oven at 375°F for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a medium nonstick skillet, sauté scallions, garlic, red pepper and mushrooms in 1 tsp oil for 5 minutes over medium-high heat. While sautéing, whisk together eggs, egg whites, black pepper, thyme and parsley in a bowl. Pour egg mixture into skillet. Scramble with vegetables for about 3 to 5 minutes or until eggs are set and fluffy. Transfer to medium bowl. Let cool.
- Dust a work surface and rolling pin with flour. Knead dough until it is in a tube-like shape, about 6 inches long. Divide dough into 6 sections by cutting with a knife. Roll out each section into a circle and place circles onto a foil-lined baking sheet.
- To assemble, layer the following ingredients: On each circle of dough, place half-slice cheese, 1/3 cup egg-veggie mixture, 1 oz ham and top with other half-slice cheese. Fold dough over to make a half-moon shape, pinch sides together with water to stick. Brush outer dough with remaining oil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until dough is golden and feels crusty to the touch. Let cool for 5 minutes for dough and contents to set.
- Serving Size per turnover
- Calories 341
- Carbohydrate Content 39 g
- Cholesterol Content 89 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 26 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 393 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g