This is the ultimate homemade breakfast to have on standby. Make, shape and parbake the dough on Sunday, then simply crack an egg into the center and bake the morning of for a wholesome meal topped with a creamy pesto swirl. You may want to make a double batch of this recipe for snacks too!
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly dust a surface with flour; turn dough out. Divide dough into 4 even pieces. Roll each piece into a 12-inch-long rope. Sprinkle seeds over dough and roll lightly to integrate seeds.
- Transfer ropes to prepared sheet. Attach the ends of each rope to form a circle. Bake for 8 minutes, until firm to the touch and just starting to brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare yogurt-pesto swirl: In a small bowl, stir together yogurt and pesto.
- When ready to serve: Preheat oven to 400°F. Place prebaked dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Crack 1 egg into the center of each hole.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until egg is set. Set aside for 2 to 3 minutes before serving. Serve with a dollop of yogurt-pesto swirl, a sprinkle of greens and avocado slices.
MAKE AHEAD: Make recipe through Step 3 up to 4 days in advance. Let cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge. Store yogurt-pesto mixture in a separate airtight container.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 579
- Carbohydrate Content 46 g
- Cholesterol Content 283 mg
- Fat Content 35 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 400 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 19 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 8 g