Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. In a large skillet or wok on medium-high, heat oil. Add tofu and sear until browned on underside, about 4 minutes. Flip and brown on other side, about 3 minutes more.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, tamari, sambal oelek and black pepper. Pour over tofu and stir to coat. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add cabbages, ginger and garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Stir in carrots and heat through, about 1 minute.
3. Divide among bowls and top with desired garnishes. Serve over brown rice or egg noodles.
- Serving Size 1/8 of recipe
- Calories 135
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 252 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2.5 g