No grains in this easy, pleasing pizza! You can use whatever color olives you like best or change up the toppings for other favorites. Serve with a green salad or sautéed greens for a well-rounded meal.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
2 eggplants (each about 1 lb), cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices, divided
1/4 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper, divided
1 cup all-natural marinara sauce, divided
1 tsp dried oregano, divided
1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese (about 6 oz), divided
1 6-oz jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped, divided
½ cup chopped drained jarred roasted red peppers (pat peppers dry before chopping), divided
½ cup finely chopped olives, divided
1. Preheat broiler to high. Mist 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray and arrange half of the eggplant slices on each, without touching. Mist tops of slices with more cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set 1 pan aside. Place remaining pan under broiler and broil, turning once halfway through, until eggplant is golden, about 3 minutes per side. (Tip: Watch carefully and rotate pan if some slices are browning too quickly.)
2. Spoon half of the sauce over eggplant slices; sprinkle with half of oregano. Top (in order) with half each of the cheese, artichokes, roasted red peppers and olives. Return pan to oven and broil, rotating baking sheet halfway through, until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Move pan to bottom rack of oven to keep warm.
3. Repeat with remaining eggplant slices, sauce, oregano, cheese, artichokes, peppers and olives.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 292
- Carbohydrate Content 25 g
- Cholesterol Content 33 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 858 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g