Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 1/4 cups plus 2 tbsp warm water (105 to 115°F), yeast and honey; set aside until foamy, about 5 minutes. Mist a large bowl with cooking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine flour and salt. Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil. Add yeast mixture in 3 or 4 additions, mixing on medium speed between additions. Continue mixing until dough forms a ball and sides and bottom of bowl are clean, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer dough (it will be soft and slightly sticky) to prepared bowl and loosely cover; set aside to rise until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Mist a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and gently roll into a rectangle of approximately 12 x 15 inches. Transfer to prepared baking sheet; set aside 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 500°F. Mist another large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and arrange eggplant slices on top. Mist tops of slices with cooking spray and bake until tender but not yet cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Dimple dough with fingertips, then drizzle with 1 tbsp oil. Arrange eggplant, peppers and olives on top, then drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp oil. Bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, almonds and rosemary and continue baking until flatbread is browned, eggplant is very tender and almonds are toasted, 5 to 8 minutes more.
- Serving Size 1/8 of flatbread
- Calories 252
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 2 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 375 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1.5 g