Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Nutritional Bonus: A member of the nightshade family of vegetables, eggplant aren’t often in the spotlight – but these tasty veggies shouldn’t be underestimated! Eggplants contain nasunin, a powerful antioxidant that works to protect the cell membranes in your brain. Nasunin also helps maintain joint health by fighting against free radical damage.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together broth, almond butter, soy sauce, cane juice, tapioca, coriander and pepper flakes. Set aside.
- In large wok or skillet on high, heat oil, swirling to coat bottom of pan. Add eggplant, sweet potato, bell pepper, white parts of scallions, garlic and ginger; stir-fry until tender-crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and stir-fry until tomatoes start to break down, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth mixture, tossing to coat. Bring to a simmer on medium and simmer until eggplant and sweet potato are tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in lime juice, green parts of scallions and basil.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g