Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In the bowl of a food processor, combine flour, Sucanat, salt and baking powder. Pulse dry ingredients several times to mix thoroughly.
- In a spouted measuring cup, whisk together milk, egg yolk, oil and vinegar. With the processor running, slowly pour liquid through the food chute into dry ingredients. Process just enough to combine ingredients. (NOTE:The mixture will be partially crumbly, but will stick together when squeezed.)
- Dump dough out onto a well-floured surface (be sure to check out our slideshow, which illustrates “How To Prepare Your Pie Crust“). Squeeze dough together into a singular mound and pat it down into a disc, about 1/2-inch thick. Using a rolling pin, roll dough out until 12 inches in diameter. Set rolling pin at bottom edge of dough and gently roll dough onto pin, so that dough drapes over pin. Transfer dough to pie dish. Gently press dough into the edges of the dish and up the sides. Fold excess dough under and pinch, creating a roughly 1/2-inch rim. Using your fingers, or with the tines of a fork, crimp entire rim. Poke dough all over with a fork to create steam holes.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 20 minutes, until edges and center are just golden. Remove dish from oven and cool completely before using.
- Serving Size 1/8 of crust
- Calories 112
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 26 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 67 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g