Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, prepare pesto: To a food processor, add basil, mint, walnuts, Parmesan and 1/4 tsp pepper. Pulse until roughly chopped, five to seven times, scraping down bowl as needed. Add oil and lemon juice and process for 10 to 15 seconds or until a thick, slightly chunky pesto forms.
- (NOTE: Try to not process to a smooth paste, keep it slightly chunky.)
- To boiling water, add pasta and cook al dente according to package directions.
- Before draining pasta, ladle about 1/2 cup cooking water into a heat-proof measuring cup and set aside. Return drained pasta to pot and add tomatoes, artichokes and pesto.
- Place on low heat and stir to combine.
- If more moisture is desired, add reserved pasta cooking water 1 tbsp at a time to achieve desired texture.
- Heat until vegetables are heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and additional pepper.
- Serving Size 1 3/4 cups of pesto pasta
- Calories 345
- Carbohydrate Content 52 g
- Cholesterol Content 3 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 12 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 137 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g