- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/2 cups semi-pearled farro
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 cup diced shallots
- 1 1/2 cups chopped unsweetened dried mixed fruit (Note: Mix your favorite fruits or look for a packaged mixture.)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup whole-wheat bread crumbs, divided
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves, divided
- In a large saucepan or small stockpot on high, combine farro and at least 4 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until farro is very tender, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet on medium, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in fruit and broth and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes to plump the fruit.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mist a 2- to 2.-qt casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Drain farro and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in fruit mixture and any liquid, salt, pepper, . cup bread crumbs and 1 tbsp rosemary. Transfer to casserole dish. In a small bowl, combine remaining . cup bread crumbs, 1 tbsp oil and . tbsp rosemary; sprinkle mixture over casserole.
- Cover with foil and bake until heated through, 25 to 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until browned on top, about 10 minutes.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 231
- Carbohydrate Content: 43 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 147 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g