Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Make dressing: Place garlic in a small saucepan with 1 tbsp oil. Turn heat to low. When mixture sizzles, watch it for 30 seconds, then transfer to a large bowl. Whisk in lemon juice, molasses and sumac. Drizzle in 3 tbsp oil, whisking constantly, until mixture is well blended and emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Make salad: Heat a medium skillet on medium. Working 1 at a time, warm pitas in skillet, flipping once or twice, until just toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Let cool slightly, then tear or cut into bite-size pieces and place in a medium bowl. Toss with remaining 2 tbsp oil, sumac and 1/8 tsp salt.
3. In a large bowl, combine bell pepper, cucumber, tomatoes, onions and radishes. Remove dark green outer leaves from romaine head (reserve for another use) and tear inner leaves into bite-size pieces; add to bowl with tomato mixture. Add parsley and mint. Toss to combine. Add dressing and toss to coat. Season with remaining 1/8 tsp salt and black pepper. Add pita and toss.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cups
- Calories 277
- Carbohydrate Content 27 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 399 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 12 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g