- Preheat oven to 450ºF. On a small baking sheet turned upside down, place a sheet of foil.
- Place salmon skin side down on foil.
- Drizzle oil over salmon and sprinkle with zest, fennel seeds, mustard seeds, salt and pepper. (MAKE AHEAD: Prepare salmon through Step One earlier the same day, then cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.)
- Using the baking sheet to help you, slide foil with fish directly onto oven rack. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until opaque in center.
- Meanwhile, prepare salsa: To a small bowl, add all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Using the baking sheet, carefully slide salmon and foil out of oven. Remove and discard skin.
- Serving Size 1 salmon fillet and 1/4 avocado salsa
- Calories 222
- Carbohydrate Content 5 g
- Cholesterol Content 39 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 2.5 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 156 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g