Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Cook fettuccine al dente according to package directions. Before draining, ladle approximately 1 cup cooking water into a heat-proof glass or bowl.
- Drain pasta and set aside.
- Prepare pesto: In a blender or food processor, combine mint, parsley, walnuts, shallots, salt and pepper. Pulse several times to roughly chop. With blender or processor running, pour in oil in a slow stream. Scrape down the sides. With blender or processor running, pour in 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp reserved pasta cooking water. Blend until consistency is even but still slightly chunky.
- Return pasta to pot.
- Add pesto and figs.
- Place pot on low heat and stir gently to coat.
- While stirring, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup reserved pasta water to moisten noodles. (NOTE: Look for a moist, but not wet consistency.)
- Divide among serving bowls and sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cups of fettuccine with mint pesto
- Calories 398
- Carbohydrate Content 60 g
- Cholesterol Content 19 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 380 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g