Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Nutritional Bonus: This flavorful stuffing is a radical departure from the traditional variety, which can pack 280 calories and 13 grams of total fat into a 1/2-cup serving compared to just 162 calories and 3 grams of fat in our clean version.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Divide bread among 2 rimmed baking sheets and arrange in a single layer; transfer to oven and bake for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring once, until lightly toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat oil on medium-high. Add carrots, celery and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in thyme, rosemary, chile powder, salt and pepper. Add figs and apples and stir well to combine. Remove from heat, add bread and stir to combine. Stir in broth. Stuffing should be uniformly moist but not wet; if needed, add additional 1/2 cup broth. Stir in sage. Stuff turkey and cook according to recipe.
- Serving Size 1/2 cup
- Calories 162
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 324 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g