We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup finely chopped pineapple 1 jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and chopped ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro 1 tbsp fresh lime juice 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion ⅛ tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Black Pepper)
2 avocados, pitted and peeled
¼ cup fresh lime juice
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
⅛ tsp sea salt
1 cup almond flour
1 large egg
½ cup arrowroot
12 oz haddock or cod, cut into 9 strips
½ tsp sea salt
1 tbsp ghee
9 large romaine lettuce leaves
1. In a medium bowl, combine salsa ingredients; set aside.
2. In a separate medium bowl, mash together guacamole ingredients; set aside.
3. Prepare fish: In a shallow dish, place almond flour. In a separate shallow dish, beat egg. In a third shallow dish, place arrowroot. Sprinkle fish with salt. Dip fish into arrowroot, shaking off excess, then dip in egg, letting excess drip off, then dip in flour, turning to coat.
4. In a large skillet on medium-high, melt ghee. Add fish; cook for about 7 minutes, turning every 2 minutes, until crispy and cooked through.
5. Place 1 fish strip in each romaine leaf. Top each with guacamole and salsa.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, store fish, lettuce, salsa and guacamole in separate containers in refrigerator. Reheat fish; assemble lettuce wraps when called for.
- Serving Size: 3 lettuce wraps
- Calories: 688
- Carbohydrate Content: 52 g
- Cholesterol Content: 268 mg
- Fat Content: 43 g
- Fiber Content: 18 g
- Protein Content: 32 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 757 mg
- Sugar Content: 11 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 26 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 7 g