We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
1. In a medium bowl, combine salsa ingredients; set aside.
2. In a separate medium bowl, mash together guacamole ingredients; set aside.
3. Prepare fish: In a shallow dish, place almond flour. In a separate shallow dish, beat egg. In a third shallow dish, place arrowroot. Sprinkle fish with salt. Dip fish into arrowroot, shaking off excess, then dip in egg, letting excess drip off, then dip in flour, turning to coat.
4. In a large skillet on medium-high, melt ghee. Add fish; cook for about 7 minutes, turning every 2 minutes, until crispy and cooked through.
5. Place 1 fish strip in each romaine leaf. Top each with guacamole and salsa.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, store fish, lettuce, salsa and guacamole in separate containers in refrigerator. Reheat fish; assemble lettuce wraps when called for.
- Serving Size 3 lettuce wraps
- Calories 688
- Carbohydrate Content 52 g
- Cholesterol Content 268 mg
- Fat Content 43 g
- Fiber Content 18 g
- Protein Content 32 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 757 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 26 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 7 g