- In a large Dutch oven, heat oil on medium-high. Pat bison dry with paper towel, add to pot and sear on both sides until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer bison to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add onion to pot and reduce heat to medium. Cook onion for 3 to 4 minutes, until softened and lightly browned, stirring. Add garlic, five-spice powder, ginger and white pepper; stir to combine and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Add 1/3 cup broth and cook for 1 minute, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pot with a wooden spoon. Stir in tamari, carrots and remaining 2/3 cup broth. Return bison to pot; cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes, until bison is tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove from heat and transfer bison to a cutting board to rest for 3 to 5 minutes; then cut into thin slices on a diagonal. Meanwhile, add bell pepper and peas to pot, return to low heat and cook for 2 minutes, until bell pepper is just tender. To serve, divide bison among plates and top with pan sauce and vegetables, or serve vegetables alongside.
- Serving Size 3 oz bison, 1 1/2 cups vegetables, 1/4 cup pan sauce
- Calories 240
- Carbohydrate Content 15 g
- Cholesterol Content 81 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 3.5 g
- Protein Content 28 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 252 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g