- If using wood ear, bring a kettle of water to a boil. In a small, heat-proof bowl, add wood ear and cover with boiling water. Soak for 10 minutes until soft; drain and set aside.
- Mist a large, heavy-bottomed stockpot or Dutch oven with cooking spray and heat on medium. Add pork, stirring and breaking up with a wooden spoon, for 8 to 10 minutes, until browned.
- Add wood ear, black beans, garlic, chile, ginger and five-spice powder and cook, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes. Add long beans, mushrooms, sesame oil and broth. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium-low; simmer for about 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in bok choy; simmer about 1 minute, until just wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with green onions.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cups
- Calories 367
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 75 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 43 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 203 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g