1. Preheat oven to 350°F and arrange racks in top and bottom thirds of oven.
2. On a large rimmed baking sheet, place hazelnuts. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until skins are toasted and slightly blistered. Transfer to a towel and wrap loosely; let steam for 1 minute. Rub hazelnuts in towel to remove skins; discard skins.
3. To a food processor, add nut butters, sugar, egg and vanilla; blend until well combined, 1 minute. Add cocoa powder, arrowroot, water and baking soda; blend for 30 seconds. Add hazelnuts and pulse 5 or 6 times. Add chocolate chunks in 2 pulses. Using 1 heaping tbsp per cookie, make 18 balls and arrange 2 inches apart on 2 parchment-lined cookie sheets, pressing down gently to flatten slightly. Bake in top and bottom thirds of oven, switching trays and rotating halfway, until edges just begin to crack, about 10 minutes total.
- Serving Size 1 cookie
- Calories 172
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 11 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 50 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g