Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Give your brain a boost: The cocoa solids in dark chocolate are a rich source of antioxidant flavanols that help improve blood flow to the brain, enhancing cognitive function.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch cast iron skillet with oil.
2. In a large mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer on medium, beat peanut butter, maple syrup, egg, egg yolk, baking soda, vanilla and salt until well combined.
3. Add chocolate chips, cranberries, coconut and peanuts and mix on low just to combine.
4. Spread mixture into prepared skillet and bake until top is golden brown, edges are dry and center is still somewhat soft, 20 to 25 minutes (you want it to be slightly underdone). Let cool completely before slicing into 10 slices. Keep refrigerated up to 5 days.
- Serving Size 1/10 of cookie
- Calories 299
- Carbohydrate Content 23 g
- Cholesterol Content 37 mg
- Fat Content 21 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 202 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 9 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g