Find more chicken recipes here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp chile-garlic paste (TIP: Look for it in the Asian section of most grocery stores or in Asian markets.)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp arrowroot starch
- 20 bone-in, skin-on split chicken wings (about 2 lb)
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red finger chile pepper, thinly sliced, optional
- Heat a grill to high. In a large bowl, whisk orange juice, ginger, hoisin, soy sauce, chile-garlic paste, garlic and arrowroot. Add wings; toss to coat.
- Place wings with sauce in center of a 24-inch-long piece of heavy-duty foil. Bring short edges of foil together, then fold inward a few times along each long edge to seal packet. Place on grill and reduce heat to medium-low. Close lid; cook until chicken is no longer pink inside, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Transfer wings to a serving plate and sprinkle with seeds, onions and chile pepper (if using).
Oven Variation: Bake packet on a rimmed baking sheet in a 375˚F oven until chicken is no longer pink inside, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serving Size: 5 Asian chicken wings
- Calories: 279
- Carbohydrate Content: 7 g
- Cholesterol Content: 137 mg
- Fat Content: 18 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 345 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g