Find more meatball recipes here!
- In a large sauté pan on medium-high, heat oil. Add onion and sauté, stirring frequently, until translucent, 2 minutes. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, 30 seconds. Scrape into a large bowl and cool slightly. Mix in beef, egg, bread crumbs, parsley and Parmesan. Shape into 18 meatballs.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill to high. In a medium bowl, combine tomato sauce, basil, oregano and pepper flakes. Spread one-quarter of sauce in center of a 24-inch-long sheet of heavy-duty foil, turning edges of foil up, if needed, to prevent spilling. Top with meatballs, remaining sauce, bell pepper and mushrooms. Bring short edges of foil together, then fold inward a few times along each long edge to seal packet.
- Turn off heat on 1 side of grill; transfer packet to unheated side. Close lid and grill until temperature reaches 160˚F when tested in center of thickest meatball, 18 to 20 minutes. Divide among buns. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan (if using).
- Serving Size 1 meatball sub
- Calories 362
- Carbohydrate Content 43 g
- Cholesterol Content 80 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 7.5 g
- Protein Content 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 447 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g