Find more salad recipes here!
- 1 head Freckles or romaine lettuce
- 4 1/4 inch slices Humboldt Fog goat cheese
- 12 brown turkey figs
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
MAPLE THYME VINAIGRETTE
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup 1 shallot,
- 3 minced tbsp fresh picked thyme leaves
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 orange, plus 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 3/4 cup olive oil Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Prepare Spiced Pecans: Preheat oven to 300°F. Combine all ingredients and place on a parchment-lined pan. Bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In a glass or stainless steel mixing bowl, combine all vinaigrette ingredients except oil, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil then season with salt and black pepper.
- Assemble salad: Separate and rinse lettuce leaves and pat dry. Lay 4 leaves on each plate. Quarter figs and place in a small bowl; toss in 2 tbsp of maple-thyme vinaigrette. Let sit for 5 minutes. Add one slice of goat cheese to each plate. Top each salad with dressed figs, sprinkle with spiced pecans and drizzle desired amount of remaining vinaigrette over the top. (NOTE: Vinaigrette recipe makes a generous amount; remainder can be refrigerated and used within 3 to 4 days.)