Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 whole egg, egg whites, milk and vanilla. Mist a large skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Dip bread slices into egg mixture, turning to coat. Add to skillet, in batches if necessary, and cook for about 4 minutes, turning once, until golden brown. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Wipe out skillet, mist again with cooking spray and return to medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook, flipping once, until crispy, about 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- In a small bowl, beat together cream cheese and maple syrup with a spoon. Spread cheese mixture on 2 of bread slices, dividing evenly, and top with bacon.
- Fill a medium pot with 3 inches water and heat on medium. Add vinegar and bring to a gentle simmer. Crack remaining 2 whole eggs into 2 small bowls. (TIP:To help with poaching, you can place the un-cracked egg into simmering water for 10 seconds and then crack it into a small bowl. This gives the whites a head start and helps them coagulate better when poaching.)
- Swirl water vigorously with a wooden spoon and slip eggs into water. Poach eggs until whites are set but yolks are still runny, about 4 minutes. Remove from water with a slotted spoon and drain off all water. Place eggs over top of bacon, then top with remaining slices of bread.
- Serving Size 1 sandwich
- Calories 437
- Carbohydrate Content 36 g
- Cholesterol Content 326 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 652 mg
- Sugar Content 14.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g