- Prep Time
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts), halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbsp dry red wine
- 1 tsp unsalted tomato paste
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 tsp potato or arrowroot starch
- Leftover steak (from Red Wine Steak), cut into bitesize pieces
- Leftover caramelized vegetables (from Red Wine Steak)
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tsp organic unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz whole-grain baguette, sliced into 16 rounds
1. In a large saucepan on medium, heat oil. Add celery and leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown and no liquid remains, 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Stir in wine and tomato paste; cook for 1 minute. Add 3 cups broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk remaining 1 cup broth with starch; stir into soup. Stir in steak, vegetables, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cook until thickened, 1 minute. 3. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F. In a separate small bowl, combine garlic, cheese and butter. Arrange baguette slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet; spread garlic mixture over tops. Bake until golden, about 10 minutes.
4. Divide soup among bowls; top with baguette.
Note: This dish requires cooked ingredients from our Red Wine Steak with Caramelized Vegetables recipe.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 354
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Cholesterol Content: 34 mg
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 5.5 g
- Protein Content: 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 805 mg
- Sugar Content: 8.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g