Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. In a large saucepan on medium, heat oil. Add celery and leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown and no liquid remains, 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Stir in wine and tomato paste; cook for 1 minute. Add 3 cups broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk remaining 1 cup broth with starch; stir into soup. Stir in steak, vegetables, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cook until thickened, 1 minute. 3. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F. In a separate small bowl, combine garlic, cheese and butter. Arrange baguette slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet; spread garlic mixture over tops. Bake until golden, about 10 minutes.
4. Divide soup among bowls; top with baguette.
Note: This dish requires cooked ingredients from our Red Wine Steak with Caramelized Vegetables recipe.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 354
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 34 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 5.5 g
- Protein Content 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 805 mg
- Sugar Content 8.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g