Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Prepare topping: In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup water, cherries and apricots and bring to boil on medium-high heat. Boil for 20 to 30 seconds to reduce mixture slightly. Remove from heat, stir in orange zest, vanilla and stevia: cover and set aside.
- Prepare toast: Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. In a shallow pan such as a pie pan, whisk eggs, egg whites and orange zest. Working quickly, dip each slice of bread into egg mixture and place on a plate until all slices have been coated. Slide bread slices (instead of lifting off the plate) into skillet and cook for 3 minutes per side or until golden.
- To serve, divide cherry mixture evenly among bread slices, then top with yogurt.
- Serving Size 1 toast, 2 T topping, 2 T yogurt
- Calories 210
- Carbohydrate Content 23 g
- Cholesterol Content 158 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 89 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g