Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Prepare sauce: In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients; cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place salmon skin side down on a large foil-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with 1/4 plus 1/8 tsp each salt and black pepper, dividing evenly. Roast until just opaque in the thickest part, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool completely on baking sheet; keep oven at 400°F. Lift salmon from sheet, separating flesh from skin; discard skin. With a fork, flake salmon and transfer to a large bowl. Break flakes into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Mist a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium. Add onion, season with remaining 1/8 tsp each salt and black pepper and sauté, stirring occasionally, until soft and lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Add to bowl with salmon. Add whole eggs and 2 egg whites, parsley, dill and capers and stir well to combine. Divide mixture into 12 1/3-cup portions and place on a large plate or piece of parchment paper. Flatten into 3-inch-wide x 3/4- to 1-inch-thick patties. (MAKE AHEAD:Salmon patties may be prepared up to 1 day in advance; cover and refrigerate.) Arrange 3 wide, shallow bowls on a flat work surface. Fill the first bowl with flour, the second with remaining 2 egg whites and the third with panko. Dredge 1 salmon patty in flour, turning to coat and shaking off excess, then in egg whites and panko, turning to coat well. Transfer to a large parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining patties. Bake, turning halfway, until patties are firm and panko is golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare salad: In a large bowl, combine arugula, fennel and bell pepper. In a small jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine orange juice, honey and Dijon. Screw lid on tightly and shake well; pour over salad and toss to coat. Divide among serving plates and top with patties and yogurt sauce, dividing evenly. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size 2 salmon patties, 1 cup salad, 2 tbsp yogurt sauce
- Calories 364
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 142 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 38 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 494 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g