How to Get Perfect Citrus Slices
1. Using a sharp paring knife, slice a thin piece off top and bottom of fruit so it can sit flat on a board.
2. Working from top, cut peel and white pith away from fruit, leaving fruit intact as much as possible.
3. Turn fruit on its side and slice crosswise into wheels.
- Prep Time
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF; line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay prosciutto out on sheet, leaving space between each. Bake until crisp, 12 to 16 minutes, watching to prevent over-browning. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium skillet on medium, heat one-quarter of oil. Add oats, walnuts, honey and thyme. Sprinkle with one-half of each salt and pepper and cook, stirring and shaking pan often, until fragrant and turning golden; 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; let cool.
3. Cut top and bottom off 1 orange. Slice off peel and pith, working from top to bottom of orange. Working over a bowl, cut between membranes to release segments. Remove segments, reserving any juice. Squeeze juice from remaining orange into bowl.
4. To juice, add remaining three-quarters of oil, vinegar, Dijon and remaining one-half of each salt and pepper.
5. Divide arugula among plates. Crumble cheese on top; divide orange segments among salads. Top with oat mixture and prosciutto. Drizzle with glaze (if using).
MAKE AHEAD: Cut up orange and bake prosciutto the day before. Cover and refrigerate separately. Make dressing up to 2 days ahead; cover and refrigerate. Oat mixture is best made fresh.
TIP: To make pickled onions, bring ¾ cup water, ¼ cup red wine vinegar and 1 tsp honey to a boil. Stir in ½ red onion, thinly sliced; turn off heat. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 284
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Cholesterol Content: 19 mg
- Fat Content: 21 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 678 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 12 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 4 g