Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more clean desserts here.
- Mist a 1½-quart baking dish with cooking spray. (NOTE: Baking dish should be able to fit inside your slow-cooker insert.) In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, espresso (if using), all but 2 tbsp maple sugar, baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt until well combined.
- In a second medium bowl, stir together milk, 1/2 cup water, oil and 1 tsp vanilla. Pour milk mixture into flour mixture and stir until a smooth batter forms. Pour into baking dish. Place dish inside slow cooker; cover and cook on high until top of brownie is completely set and a toothpick comes out clean, 2 to 2½ hours.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, add 1 cup cherries plus 1/2 cup water, remaining 2 tbsp maple sugar and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Bring to a boil on high and cook, mashing with a potato masher or wooden spoon, until most of the cherries have broken down, about 7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together arrowroot and 1 tsp water until well combined. Stir arrowroot mixture, remaining 1/2 cup cherries and 1 tsp vanilla into sauce; boil until thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve in ramekins and top each portion with cherry sauce.
- Serving Size 1/6 of cake and 2 1/2 tbsp sauce
- Calories 257
- Carbohydrate Content 43 g
- Cholesterol Content 2 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 174 mg
- Sugar Content 21 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g