Love this recipe? Why not try our Three-Cheese Spaghetti Squash Casserole?
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 oz whole-wheat spaghetti, broken in half
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 each red and green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 each green and golden zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 cups 1/2-inch diced tomatoes
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste (TRY: Frontier Co-op Black Fine Grind Pepper)
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 tbsp chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Mist a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan or small stockpot on medium, heat 2 tbsp oil. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute. Add bell peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute. Add zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine Parmesan, ricotta, mozzarella, eggs, ¼ cup basil and pepper flakes. In another small bowl, combine panko and remaining 1 tbsp oil. Set both bowls aside.
- Drain spaghetti and add to vegetable mixture. Add Parmesan mixture, stirring to combine. Transfer entire mixture to prepared baking pan and sprinkle panko mixture on top. Bake until panko is lightly browned and casserole is heated through, about 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp basil.
- Serving Size: 1/8 casserole
- Calories: 366
- Carbohydrate Content: 44 g
- Cholesterol Content: 71 mg
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 296 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1.5 g