- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, divided (NOTE: Mince 1 clove and slice 2.)
- 1/2 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 2 lemons, divided (NOTE: Zest and juice 1 lemon to yield 1 tsp zest and 1 tbsp lemon juice; cut remaining lemon into 6 thin slices.)
- ¾ tsp sea salt, divided
- ¾ tsp ground black pepper, divided
- 2 2-lb whole red snappers, cleaned, scaled and patted dry
1. Make aioli: In a small, unheated skillet, combine 1 tbsp oil and minced garlic. Turn heat on low and let cook until it sizzles. Sizzle for 30 seconds, then transfer to a small bowl to cool. When cooled, stir in mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice. Season with ¼ tsp each salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
The Day Of
2. Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush fish inside and out with 3 tbsp oil. Season inside and out with remaining ½ tsp each salt and pepper. Stuff cavities with lemon slices and sliced garlic.
3. Grease grill (or a grill basket) and grill fish for about 6 to 8 minutes, until skin releases from grates. Carefully turn and grill until cooked through and underside releases, 6 to 8 minutes longer. Serve with aioli on the side.
- Serving Size: ¼ of recipe
- Calories: 486
- Carbohydrate Content: 2 g
- Cholesterol Content: 121 mg
- Fat Content: 29 g
- Protein Content: 51 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 761 mg
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 19 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 5 g