Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Make aioli: In a small, unheated skillet, combine 1 tbsp oil and minced garlic. Turn heat on low and let cook until it sizzles. Sizzle for 30 seconds, then transfer to a small bowl to cool. When cooled, stir in mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice. Season with ¼ tsp each salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
The Day Of
2. Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush fish inside and out with 3 tbsp oil. Season inside and out with remaining ½ tsp each salt and pepper. Stuff cavities with lemon slices and sliced garlic.
3. Grease grill (or a grill basket) and grill fish for about 6 to 8 minutes, until skin releases from grates. Carefully turn and grill until cooked through and underside releases, 6 to 8 minutes longer. Serve with aioli on the side.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 486
- Carbohydrate Content 2 g
- Cholesterol Content 121 mg
- Fat Content 29 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 51 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 761 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 19 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g