READER RECIPE TESTER
"My husband and I started eating clean when he was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Ever since, I've lost weight, I feel great and, best of all, I have so much more energy!"
- 2 cups fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 oz whole-wheat rotini pasta
- 20 medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Preheat broiler to high. Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Prepare sauce: In the bowl of a food processor, pulse cilantro, oregano, garlic and red pepper flakes until combined. While food processor is running, add oil and vinegar. Stir in salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- Arrange shrimp on sheet; transfer to oven and broil for 3 to 5 minutes, turning once, until pink.
- In a large saucepan on medium, add pasta and garlic-cilantro mixture and cook, stirring often, for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low, add shrimp and stir to combine.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 420
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Cholesterol Content: 45 mg
- Fat Content: 23 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 95 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g