Like our roasted chickpea recipe? Try them hot: Spicy Roasted Garbanzo Beans.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 1/2 cupsServings
- 2 15 1/2-oz BPA-free cans chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Black Pepper)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Spread chickpeas on several layers of paper towel and let dry for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a medium bowl, combine oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Add cheese and stir until crumbly and oil is absorbed. Add chickpeas and toss to coat.
- Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 118
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Cholesterol Content: 4 mg
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 202 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g