Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Brush mushrooms inside and out with 2 tbsp oil then place stemmed sides down on sheet. Roast until tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet on medium-low, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add shallot, celery and 1/8 tsp salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic; sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl and let cool for 2 minutes.
3. Stir crab, mayonnaise, lemon juice, ¼ tsp salt, black pepper and cayenne into shallot mixture.
4. Using tongs, carefully flip mushrooms over. Spoon about 2 tbsp crab mixture into each mushroom. Mix remaining 1/8 tsp salt into almond meal; sprinkle on mushrooms and drizzle with remaining ½ tbsp oil. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, until warmed through and lightly toasted on top.
- Serving Size 2 mushrooms
- Calories 177
- Carbohydrate Content 4.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 22 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 355 mg
- Sugar Content 1.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g