- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tsp grape seed oil, divided
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 10 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 to 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- Pinch each sea salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 6 large Swiss chard leaves, stems removed
CASHEW SOUR CREAM
- 3/4 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Prepare cashew sour cream: In a bowl, soak cashews in water for at least 3 hours in the refrigerator. Drain and rinse. In a high-powered blender or small food processor, place cashews, 1/3 cup water and remaining sour cream ingredients. Blend until very smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prepare fajitas: In a large nonstick skillet on medium, heat 1 tsp oil. Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes. Add bell pepper and sauté for 3 minutes, until onion starts to brown. Transfer mixture to a bowl; set aside.
- In same skillet on medium, heat remaining 1 tsp oil. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Return onion and bell pepper to skillet. Add ginger, garlic, cumin, cayenne, pepper flakes (if using) and pinch each salt and black pepper. Cook and stir until spices are fragrant and chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes. Add 2 tbsp lime juice and stir up browned bits from bottom of skillet.
- To serve, divide fajita mixture and cashew cream among chard leaves.
- If following our Meal Plan, store leftover chicken and sour cream in separate containers in refrigerator. Wrap remaining leaves in damp paper towel and store in a bag in refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 2 chard leaves, 1.5 cups faijita mixture, 1/3 of cream
- Calories: 350
- Carbohydrate Content: 19 g
- Cholesterol Content: 69 mg
- Fat Content: 18.5 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 272 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 5 g