1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut squash in half and scoop out and discard seeds. Brush cut sides of squash with 2 tbsp avocado oil and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, cut sides down. Bake for 35 minutes or until flesh is soft when poked with a fork. Remove squash from rind by scraping with a fork to make strands that resemble spaghetti; set aside in a bowl.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet on medium-low, heat remaining 2 tbsp avocado oil. Add yellow onion and cook until translucent, 5 minutes. Add carrots and mushrooms and cook 5 minutes more. Add chicken and cook until chicken is no longer pink inside, about 10 minutes more.
3. Make sauce, in a blender, place sauce ingredients and pulse until blended. Add sauce to skillet along with bok choy. Sauté until bok choy wilts, about 5 minutes.
4. Divide spaghetti squash among bowls. Divide veggie-chicken mixture among bowls and top each with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve with hot sauce, if desired.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, store spaghetti squash and veggie- chicken mixture separately in refrigerator and reheat when called for, then top with garnishes.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 748
- Carbohydrate Content 53 g
- Cholesterol Content 143 mg
- Fat Content 43 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 41 g
- Saturated Fat Content 31 g
- Sodium Content 497 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g