Hands-on time: 8 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 4 cups frozen peas (do not thaw)
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp green onion, diced
- 2 tsp miso (TIP: If miso is not available, substitute with 2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce.)
- 2 tsp ginger, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup Thai basil leaves (about 24 leaves), coarsely chopped
- 2 oz firm light tofu, crumbled
- Heat peas with broth in a medium saucepot over medium heat. Cover and bring to a boil, about 10 minutes. Add green onion, miso, ginger and basil. Heat for about 1 minute, then remove pot from burner.
- Carefully pour mixture into blender and purée until smooth, about 1 minute. (CAUTION: Mixture will be hot.) Pour into 4 bowls and top each with tofu, dividing evenly. Garnish with additional green onion or basil, if desired. Serve hot, at room temperature or chill and serve cold.
Nutrients per 1-cup serving: Calories: 147, Total Fat: 1.5 g, Sat. Fat: 0.25 g, Carbs: 22 g, Fiber: 6 g, Sugars: 0.5 g, Protein: 11 g, Sodium: 173 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg