Serve with Slow-Cooker Thai Green Curry Chicken.
Image and recipe from Cuisine at Home
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 tbsp each minced garlic and ginger
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Chopped unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- In a saucepan on medium-high, heat oil. Add garlic and ginger and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in rice to coat with oil and cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth, 3/4 cup water and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until tender, about 40 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and garnish with peanuts.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of rice
- Calories: 238
- Carbohydrate Content: 40 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 198 mg