Nutritional Bonus: You may want to rethink traditional breakfast sausages. Standard pork breakfast sausages can pack 280 calories, 23 grams of total fat, 8 grams of saturated fat and 930 milligrams of sodium in each 4-ounce serving. To cut calories by more than half and reduce fat to almost nil, form your own patties out of 99% fat-free ground turkey breast instead: 120 calories, 1.5 grams of total fat, zero saturated fat and 65 milligrams of sodium.
- In a medium bowl, combine turkey, pear, scallions, jalapeño, cilantro, ginger, salt, pepper flakes and 1 1/2 tsp oil. Shape mixture into 8 patties (each about 2 1/2 inches in diameter).
- Heat remaining 1 1/2 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium. Add patties and cook for 4 minutes per side or until lightly golden and no longer pink in center. Serve with oranges.
- Serving Size 2 patties and 1/3 c orange segments
- Calories 211
- Carbohydrate Content 15 g
- Cholesterol Content 55 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 27 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 194 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0.5 g