Ginger Raspberry Muffin Scones & Peach Jam
These almond flour scones have the consistency of a muffin, but the shape of a scone. The quick peach jam adds a fruity flavor punch.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp each baking powder and baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 2 1/2 cups pitted and diced fresh peaches (about 3)
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1. Prepare scones: Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, quinoa flour, ginger, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. In a separate medium bowl, combine coconut oil, 1/3 cup honey, vanilla and eggs; whisk until frothy. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just mixed. Fold in raspberries. (NOTE: It is OK if the raspberries get a little squashed.)
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Turn out dough onto baking sheet and shape into a smooth, large circle with your hands, approximately 3/4 inch thick. Cut into 8 triangles and pull apart. Bake for 20 minutes, until edges are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. Meanwhile, make jam: In a blender, blend all jam ingredients until puréed. Add peach purée to a saucepan and cook on medium for 30 minutes, stirring frequently until desired thickness of jam is reached. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Serve jam with scones.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, store remaining scones in an airtight container and reserve remaining jam in refrigerator until called for.
- Serving Size 2 scones and 2 tbsp jam
- Calories 339
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 47 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 306 mg
- Sugar Content 26 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g