Find more foil and parchment-packet meals here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 oz whole-grain spaghetti, broken in half
- 8 oz shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp peeled and minced ginger
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 large eggs
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red finger chile pepper, seeded and thinly sliced, optional
- Heat a grill to high. Arrange 4 24-inch-long double layers of heavy-duty foil on a work surface. Line each stack with parchment paper and divide pasta and mushrooms among stacks. Bring up edges of each stack to form bowl shapes, leaving tops open.
- In a small bowl, stir together broth, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sesame seeds and pepper flakes. Pour about ½ cup of the mixture into each packet. Bring short edges of each stack of foil together, then fold inward a few times along each long edge to seal packets. Reduce heat on 1 side of grill to low. Place packets on low heat, close lid and cook until pasta is tender, about 7 minutes.
- Carefully open packets. Using a fork, stir pasta and form a well in center of each. Crack 1 egg into each well and carefully reseal packets. Close lid and cook until eggs are set, about 5 minutes. To serve, sprinkle with green onion and chile pepper (if using).
- Serving Size: 1 packet
- Calories: 398
- Carbohydrate Content: 68 g
- Cholesterol Content: 186 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 13 g
- Protein Content: 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 442 mg
- Sugar Content: 4.5 g