Find more chicken recipes here!
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp unsalted almond or cashew butter
- 1 tbsp peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp safflower oil, divided
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2/3 cup unsalted raw cashews
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 4 green onions, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice, optional
- Prepare sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together broth, soy sauce, almond butter, ginger, honey and mustard. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick wok or skillet on medium high, heat 1/2 tbsp oil. Add chicken and garlic and cook until chicken is browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl; heat remaining 1/2 tbsp oil in a wok. Add pepper, cashews and edamame and cook for 3 minutes.
- Return chicken to wok. Add onions and sauce. Bring to a boil on medium-high, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve stir-fry over rice (if using).
- Serving Size: 1 1/4 cups
- Calories: 263
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Cholesterol Content: 44 mg
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 24 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5 g
- Sodium Content: 409 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 4 g