Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
PERFECT PARTNERS: Try pairing this dish with fish, shellfish, pork, beef or poultry, especially if the proteins are cooked with Asian flavors.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Stir in rice and ginger and return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 40 to 50 minutes, until rice reaches desired consistency. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk vinegar, wasabi, oil, honey and salt. Fluff rice with a fork and drizzle with wasabi mixture. Fluff again to coat. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size 1/2 cup
- Calories 193
- Carbohydrate Content 41 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 125 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g